2016 ARTIST WELCOME & INFORMATION
Welcome artists and craftsmen to the 11th annual Suncoast Arts Fest! The volunteer team that produces Suncoast Arts Fest is delighted to showcase your talents, and we are looking forward to another terrific year.
As in past years, the festival will take place at The Shops at Wiregrass, which is located at 28211 Paseo Drive in Wesley Chapel, FL. Click the following link for a full list of directions. https://goo.gl/maps/UBgoog9Bxhv
Dates and times for the festival are as follows:
- Saturday, January 16, 2016 from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and
- Sunday, January 17, 2016 from 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
IMPORTANT: The Shops at Wiregrass has a number of policies that are new this year, so we ask that all artists read through the following guidelines completely and thoroughly. Failure to abide by the stated rules could result in removal from the festival, so we ask that everyone work with us to ensure a positive experience for all. In addition, we ask that you read and sign the attached Artist Waiver and Hold Harmless Agreement. Signed forms will be required from all exhibitors before booth assignments will be released.
- Friday, January 15th from 10:30 p.m. to midnight
- Saturday, January 16th from 4:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m.
Please note that artists may stay longer than midnight on Friday; however, the check-in booth and restrooms will be closed. Artists will NOT be permitted to check-in earlier than 10:30 p.m. on Friday, so we ask for everyone’s full cooperation and patience as our team prepares Paseo Drive for festival set-up.
Location: Signs will be posted throughout the Shops to direct you to the check-in area, which will be located near parking lot “E”. This is situated at the West entrance of Macy’s, near the Wiregrass restrooms.
Artists arriving later than 7:00 a.m. on Saturday must check-in at the Suncoast Arts Fest information booth, which will be located on Paseo Drive, directly in front of the entrance to Macy’s and across from the Entertainment stage.
- After receiving your check-in package and booth assignment, you may drive your vehicle to your booth and drop off your display. Volunteers will be present to help you locate your spot. Once unloaded, please move your vehicle as quickly as possible to one of the designated artist parking lots (Lots C or H).
- Each artist is required to provide a standard white 10’x10’ tent.
- All artist spaces are on the street. Tents must be secured by adequate weights only as wind and other weather conditions can be an issue. Artists are responsible for providing their own weights. ABSOLUTELY no tent stakes or tying off to lampposts, trees or any other mall property is allowed.
- Booths must be positioned against the curb and may not extend beyond the 10-foot dimensions of the tent. Use the chalk markings provided to position the legs of the tent with the opening facing the street. Paseo Drive must be left open for emergency vehicles at all times, so please keep your displays contained inside the tents.
- Likewise, all booth inventory and supplies must be displayed or stored within the 10×10 booth. Nothing may be displayed or stored on the sidewalk behind the tent, and the sides of your booth should have a tidy appearance with cartons and packing materials out of sight under tables or stored in your vehicles. The sole exception to this rule is 2D artwork, which may be hung on the exterior walls of the tent. You may also consider adding a second “entrance” at the back of your tent, so that pedestrians walking on the sidewalk have a view of your work.
- Please be careful to not destroy landscaping or block sidewalks and access to the mall tenants’ doorways. No tying off to trees, benches, etc.
- All vehicles must be off Paseo Drive no later than 9:00 a.m. on Saturday.
- ELECTRIC. Access to electricity is available to all artists at no extra charge. Artists must supply their own extension cords. All cords must be taped down with duct tape and present no tripping danger to the public. Artists may use no more than 20 amp equipment.
- BOOTH SIGNS. Please display your booth sign conspicuously on the UPPER RIGHT FRONT CORNER of your booth.
- No artist may infringe on another’s space. Artists may not block the designated entrances to Wiregrass shops.
- Artists and volunteers may park in Parking Lot C or H ONLY. (Please refer to the map provided.)Parking at the Red Robin and Panera lots is strictly prohibited. Signs will be posted identifying these areas.
- All artists will be required to provide their vehicle license plate number at check-in and will be asked to post a Suncoast Arts Fest parking permit in his/her windshield. The Shops at Wiregrass does monitor its lots and will tow offenders, so it’s important that we all abide by this rule.
- RV and trailer parking is permitted in the designated lots; however, sleeping in vehicles overnight is prohibited. Please visit https://suncoastartsfest.com/how-to-find-the-fest/lodging/ for area lodging recommendations.
Sheriff’s deputies will patrol the artist tent area all night Friday & Saturday. Regular mall security will also be present and street lights will remain on all nights. The Suncoast Arts Fest and the Shops at Wiregrass are not responsible for artwork or personal property left in your booth overnight.
Artists are asked to wear name badges at all times during the show for ID purposes. An extra stick-on ID label is included for any associates.
We recognize that the long hours and storage constraints of the 10×10 booths can pose a difficulty for some artists. To ensure everyone’s comfort and convenience, the festival is happy to provide the following artist amenities:
• Snack bags provided to artists by a kind sponsor on Saturday
• Pancake breakfast for artists at 9:30 a.m. on Sunday morning, located at the Kids’ Art Garden.
• Booth-sitting and/or golf cart taxi – Volunteers will be available to booth-sit when you need to leave it briefly, and/or provide golf cart rides to and from your vehicle when you need to replenish your inventory or supplies. To receive assistance, please text (preferred) or call Amanda at 727-992-5143 to request these services. Please be sure to give your name and booth number.
There will be a videographer available if you are interested in having a PR video made for yourself. Contact Pam at 727-534-3445 for price and other information.
There will be a team of judges. Judging will be based on each artist’s body of work and the awards will be reached through mutual consensus. Judging will begin soon after 9:00 a.m. on Saturday and will continue until complete. The judges have been told to spend 2-3 minutes speaking with each artist, and each judge will place a colored sticker on the booth signs to indicate they have visited. For Judges’ bios, go to https://suncoastartsfest.com/judges/.
Immediately following the grant awards presentation at 11:30 a.m. on Sunday, the artist awards will be delivered to the booths of the winners. After that occurs, the winners will be announced from the music stage and will be posted on the festival’s social media pages and on suncoastartsfest.com. A sign listing all the winners will also be posted at or near the music stage.
Pasco county sales tax is 7% and must be collected by each artist making sales. The Florida Department of Revenue has requested and received a list of participating artists and their contact information.
An exit survey will be provided for you. Please, please, please fill out this form and return it to us. We always listen to what you say – artists are our most important concern. Your comments have made this show what it is and the show is evolving every year thanks to you!
END OF SHOW
• The festival closes at 6:00 p.m. on Sunday. Artists may not breakdown their booths before the show is over at 6:00. We ask that you break down as much of your booth as possible before bringing your vehicle in.
• Vehicles may enter the show area for pick-up absolutely no earlier than 6:15 pm Sunday. From 6:15 pm on, you may drive up to your booth via the two side streets (by the parking garage and by the kids’ area) to load up your display as directed by staff. More information will be provided at the show.
• If you prefer to dolly out, you may do so any time after 6 pm.
PROBLEMS? GO TO “INFORMATION” BOOTH IN CENTER COURT or
TEXT/CALL JENNIFER AT 904-349-3228.
Thanks for including us in your 2016 season