At Suncoast Arts Fest, it’s all about the kids, and raising funds to support arts education for all students in all grades in all the arts in our community!
Since the festival’s first year, Fine Arts of the Suncoast has donated event proceeds back to the community through arts education awards in Pasco County public and private schools. To date, over $97,000 has been donated, benefitting over 15,000 children and teens with supplementary visual and performing arts opportunities. Any school in Pasco County (public or private) is eligible to apply for a project in any of the artistic disciplines – Visual Arts, Music, Dance, Theatre or Multi-disciplinary, and funds may be used to cover any necessary expenses.
Here are some examples of past projects that have been funded through this valuable program.
- Christopher Still Murals with CD and lesson plans
- “Art Tubs” for classroom lessons – print, theater and modern art
- Annual support and transportation to National Portfolio Day at Ringling School of Art and Design
- Scholarships for teachers to attend the Florida Art Education Association and the Florida Alliance of Arts Education conferences
- Transportation for a student to attend the summer program at Massachusetts College of Art and Design
- Stipends for student music and drama groups
- Art supplies for classrooms with special needs students
- Drum circle in-service demonstration for teachers
- Annual cash awards for high school artists (winners of SAF’s Emerging Artists exhibition)
- Purchase of visual arts exhibition equipment
- Sponsorship of Pasco County Arts programs exhibition at the Pasco County Fair