The application deadline for Suncoast Arts Fest has passed; however, late applications in a select number of categories will be accepted and considered by the jury until December 31st. To submit a late application, please contact festival management at 863-337-4256.
Application Guidelines and Festival Policies
Applications open: August 10, 2017
Application deadline: October 17, 2017
Jurying starts: October 18, 2017
Invitations sent out: November 4, 2017
Accept Invitation and purchase booth space (“Confirm”) deadline: December 15, 2017
Show dates: January 20 & 21, 2018
- All artist applications will be processed through Zapplication.org.
- Required Images – 4 jpeg images. Please submit current images taken within the last year which are representative of the work that will be exhibited in the show. Follow the Zapp guidelines for submission of images. #1-#3 of representative artwork. #4 representative of your booth display. NOTE: this image is very important for jurying and may make the difference between your acceptance or decline. Make sure your booth display photo represents your work optimally.
- Accepted artists will be notified by e-mail, and all fees must be paid through Zapp.
Booth spaces will be assigned based on the date of “Confirmation” and booth purchase. Special requests may be noted at the time of purchase. Every effort will be made to accommodate these requests; however, they are not guaranteed. Please be sure to let the festival organizers know of any physical limitations that may warrant special consideration.
Application Fee – $35
Booth Fee – $250 (Double-booth spaces available as space allows. Email festival manager for availability.)
At SAF, we have a deep appreciation for our artists. In addition to your booth space, all artists will receive the following amenities:
- Saturday: Snack Bag
- Sunday: Pancake breakfast
- Complimentary water
- Overnight security patrols
- Golf cart concierge service to and from your vehicles
Artist parking will be allowed in designated vendor lots throughout The Shops at Wiregrass. After unloading, all SAF vehicles must park in these lots and are required to display the SAF parking permit on their dash. Travel trailers and RVs are permitted; however, for safety reasons, The Shops at Wiregrass no longer permits overnight stays on their property.
Please be advised that violators of this policy will be towed at the discretion of The Shops at Wiregrass.
Artists will complete for $14,000 in awards in the categories of 2D and 3D art and Jewelry. Prizes will be awarded accordingly:
- Best of Show: $3000
- First Place: 2-D, 3-D, Jewelry – $2000 each
- Second Place: 2-D, 3-D, Jewelry – $1000 each
- Third Place: 2-D, 3-D, Jewelry – $500 each
- Best Booth Design (1 award) $500
All 2018 festival winners will receive a voucher waiving the 2019 Suncoast Arts Fest Application fee. The 2018 Best of Show winner will receive a voucher waiving both the 2019 SAF application and booth fees.
SAF is supported in part by the State of Florida, Department of State, Division of Cultural Affairs and the Florida Council on Arts and Culture.
To maintain the integrity of this fine arts and fine crafts show, all works must be consistent with the quality and type of art images submitted with the application. All images must be ORIGINAL, executed by the applying artist, created by hand and not mass produced. “Buy/Sell” or embellishments on commercial items are absolutely prohibited. This will be strictly enforced.
All bin work must be matted. All displayed work must be matted and framed or otherwise appropriately finished. We are trying to create an outdoor museum/gallery environment.
ALL REPRODUCTIONS MUST BE LABELED ON THE FRONT OF THE IMAGE AS A “REPRODUCTION”. YOU MAY NOT DECEPTIVELY PASS OFF A REPRODUCTION AS AN ORIGINAL WORK. (Definition of a reproduction = a copy or multiple images of an original artwork which you created. While we understand that “Repros” are the bread and butter of your sales, this rule will be strictly enforced.)
Sales agents, representatives and proxies are not permitted.
Artists must exhibit and be present during the entire show, (10a.m.-6 p.m. on Saturday and 11a.m.-6 p.m. on Sunday) except for brief breaks.
Florida sales tax must be collected on all sales made during the show.
SAF has a strict no refund policy for both application and booth fees. Fees will not be refunded for acts of God, inclement weather or extenuating circumstances.
Please understand planning an event of this size takes time and resources, and your accepted application is a commitment to participate in Suncoast Arts Fest. We are committed to your success, and we appreciate the same regard from you. Once an artist has accepted and paid for a booth space, SAF expects the contract to be honored, and any fees paid will not be refunded.
SAF will have still and video photographers taking pictures of the event for promotional purposes. Artists who apply to the show agree to allow themselves and/or their work to be included in these pictures and used for the festival’s nonprofit promotional purposes only. Artists are encouraged to take pictures of their own and share them on the festival’s social media platforms on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, using #suncoastartsfest.
The festival has worked hard to maintain a positive and mutually-beneficial relationship with its host, The Shops at Wiregrass. Working in partnership with a successful retail location has proven to attract motivated buyers and collectors to the festival. To ensure the continued success of this relationship, we ask that all artists abide by the following rules and regulations stipulated in the festival’s rental agreement:
- All artwork must be displayed within or hanging from your tent. Additional back stock and other possessions – such as boxes, stools or dollies – must be off the sidewalks and secured inside your tent or vehicles.
- Displayed artwork must be appropriate for all ages and may not contain frontal nudity. The SAF committee has the sole exclusive and final authority to determine if any work is not acceptable for display.
- Artists may not block the designated entrances to Wiregrass shops or the center walkway down Paseo Drive. No chairs or umbrellas may be set-up down the center of the Paseo Drive.
- Artist parking will be allowed in designated vendor lots only. After unloading, all SAF vehicles must park in these lots and are required to display the SAF parking permit on their dash. Travel trailers and RVs are permitted; however, for safety reasons, The Shops at Wiregrass no longer permits overnight stays on their property.
Check-in and Set-up
Friday, 1/19/18 10:30pm – midnight
Saturday, 1/20/18: starts at 4:00 a.m.
Please be prepared to present a photo I.D. and your license plate number to receive your artist packet, parking pass and booth assignment. There is street lighting during set-up and overnight security both nights.
Every effort will be made to allow artists to drive up to their booth space to load/unload. However, after 9:00 a.m. on Saturday, Jan. 20th, the street will be closed to traffic, and artists who have not completed their booth set-up will need to be prepared to dolly their remaining display to their space(s). Dollies must not be visible during the event – they should be stored in your vehicle or otherwise out-of-sight.
No artist may infringe on another’s space. Artists may not block the designated entrances to Wiregrass shops or the center walkway down Paseo Drive. No chairs or umbrellas may be set-up down the center of the Paseo Drive.
All artists must be set up by 9:30 a.m. Sat. 1/20/18.
SAF closes at 6 pm on Sunday. For safety reasons, The Shops at Wiregrass strictly prohibits vehicles from entering the show area until 6pm when the shops close.
Each artist is required to provide a standard white 10’x10′ tent. Spaces of approximately 12’x 12′ will be provided for each tent. All spaces are on the street, and tents must be secured by weights only – no tent stakes or tying tents to lamp posts or trees is permitted. Please be advised that wind and weather can be an issue, so please take proper precautions for securing your area. A minimum of 40 lbs. of weight at each tent leg is recommended.
Please note that The Shops at Wiregrass requires that all artwork must be displayed within or hanging from your tent. Additional back stock and other possessions – such as boxes, stools or dollies – must be off the sidewalks and secured inside your tent or vehicles. Booth sitters, golf carts and drivers will be available throughout the festival to drive artists to and from their vehicles should you need to restock your booth.
Electrical outlets are present throughout the Shops at Wiregrass and made available to artists at no additional charge. Artists must bring their own cords and lights. Electric cords must be taped down for safety and clear of walkways.
Please be sensitive to providing a wide range of price points to the show patrons. Florida sales tax must be collected on all sales made during the show.